This vegan plant-based drink is made within 5 minutes and is packed with anti-inflammatory properties, thanks to the ginger, turmeric, and cinnamon. Turmeric is a powerful antioxidant and contains curcumin, which has been linked to good brain health. The MCT oil will help boost your ketone production, giving you energy to take on your day!
The base of this recipe is almond milk, but you can swap it out to use any non-dairy milk (like coconut from the carton or hemp milk – unsweetened of course). The ginger and turmeric come together to make a flavor-packed drink, but with the sea salt and sweetener it really balances out. The color is very intensely golden and really pulls you in to take sip after sip. If you find it too strong tasting, feel free to adjust the amount of spice or sweetener in the recipe as you prefer.
Yields 1 serving of Vegan Keto Golden Milk
- 1 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoon MCT oil
- 3/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 teaspoon fresh ginger, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, plus more for topping
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoon erythritol
- 2 whole ice cubes
- Sea salt to taste
1. Gather and prep all ingredients.
2. Put all the ingredients into a blender.
3. Blend on high for 15-30 seconds. The longer you blend it for, the stronger the ginger and turmeric will be. Pour into glasses.
4. Sprinkle with a dash of cinnamon and serve right away.
This makes a total of 1 serving of Vegan Keto Golden Milk. Each serving comes out to be 303 calories, 31.1g fat, 2.7g net carbs, and 2.1g protein.
|1.50 cup unsweetened almond milk||43||4||1.8||1.1||0.7||1.8|
|2.00 tablespoon mct oil||243||27.00||0.00||0.00||0.00||0.00|
|0.75 teaspoon turmeric powder||7||0.1||1.6||0.5||1||0.2|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh ginger||3||0||0.7||0.1||0.6||0.1|
|0.25 teaspoon ground cinnamon||2||0||0.5||0.4||0.2||0|
|0.25 teaspoon vanilla extract||3||0||0.1||0||0.1||0|
|2.00 teaspoon erythritol||2||0||0||0||0||0|
|0.00 none sea salt||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|2.00 whole ice cubes||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Total per Serving||303||31.1||4.7||2||2.7||2.1|