Chorizo is a spicy sausage consisting mainly of pork and paprika seasoning. I enjoy chorizo by itself, but in this recipe we paired it with a lemony garlic creamed cabbage and it pairs wonderfully!
Chorizo goes good with a lot of other sides as well, like mixed greens, cauliflower hash, and more. The creamed cabbage I made soaks in all the flavors of heavy cream then is topped with lemon zest and minced garlic.
Yields 4 servings of Keto Chorizo and Creamed Cabbage
- 16 ounce chorizo sausage
- 1 tablespoon butter, for frying
- 20 ounce green cabbage
- 2 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure out and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter and add fry the chorizo until cooked. Remove from pan and keep warm.
3. Using a sharp knife, cut the cabbage to shreds.
4. In the frying pan used for the chorizo, add the shredded cabbage and butter and fry until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
5. Add heavy cream to the pan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and let simmer until the cream has thickened.
6. Add minced garlic and lemon zest, then stir well until combined.
7. Serve the hot chorizo with the creamed cabbage. Add additional salt and pepper if desired.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Keto Chorizo and Creamed Cabbage. Each serving comes out to be 833 calories, 73.6g fat, 8.9g net carbs, and 31g protein.
|16.00 ounce chorizo sausage||2064||173.6||8.4||0||8.4||109.3|
|1.00 tablespoon butter||102||12||0.0||0.0||0.0||0.1|
|20.00 ounce green cabbage||142||0.3||32.9||14.2||18.7||7.2|
|2.00 tablespoon butter||203||23||0||0||0||0.2|
|1.00 cup heavy whipping cream||809||85.9||6.5||0||6.5||6.8|
|2.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||8||0||1.9||0.1||1.8||0.4|
|0.50 tablespoon lemon zest||1||0||0.5||0.3||0.2||0.1|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/4)||833||73.6||12.6||3.7||8.9||31|