Soup season is here and I am kicking it off with this keto chicken florentine soup! With the hearty chunks of chicken, warm spinach, and a creamy and flavorful broth, I could not have picked a better soup to start with.
I like to use chicken breast for this particular recipe, but if you are running short on time and want to make it even faster, head to the store and pick up a rotisserie chicken to put into the soup.
Yields 6 servings of Keto Chicken Florentine Soup
- 3 cup shredded cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 4 ounce baby spinach
- 8 ounce cream cheese
- 3/4 cup asiago cheese, shredded
- 4 cup chicken broth
- 1 whole chicken bouillon cube
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Measure and prepare all the ingredients.
2. In a pan on low to medium heat, melt the butter.
3. Add the garlic and spinach to the pan. Stir this together for about 3 minutes until the spinach is wilted and garlic is fragrant.
4. Add in the cream cheese and asiago cheese to the pan, then stir until well combined.
5. Next, add in the cooked shredded chicken, chicken broth, chicken bouillon cube, ground nutmeg, and salt and pepper to taste.
6. Stir this together until hot all the way through, make sure not to boil.
7. Taste and add more salt if needed. Enjoy!
This makes a total of 6 servings of Keto Chicken Florentine Soup. Each serving comes out to be 401 calories, 32.4g fat, 3.2g net carbs, and 23.2g protein.
|3.00 cup cooked chicken||891||52.7||0||0||0||93.2|
|0.25 cup butter||407||46||0||0||0||0.5|
|1.00 teaspoon fresh garlic||4||0||0.9||0.1||0.9||0.2|
|4.00 ounce baby spinach||26||0.4||4.1||2.5||1.6||3.2|
|8.00 ounce cream cheese||776||77.1||9.3||0||9.3||14|
|0.75 cup asiago cheese||235||15.6||1.9||0||1.9||21.6|
|4.00 cup chicken broth||60||2.1||4.4||0||4.4||6.4|
|1.00 whole chicken bouillon cube||5||0||1||0||1||0|
|0.25 teaspoon ground nutmeg||3||0.2||0.3||0.1||0.2||0|
|0.00 none salt and pepper||0||0||0||0||0||0|
|Per Serving (/6)||401.2||32.4||3.7||0.5||3.2||23.2|