Yakult is a drink made by a Japanese company called Yakult. It is a fermented milk product that is sold in Japan. It is also available in many countries around the world. It is very popular among people who want to lose weight because it helps them digest carbohydrates more easily and is good for the immune system.
Everybody around us is getting increasingly health-conscious; from getting gym memberships to alluring diet plans, millennials are doing it all to stay healthy, feel fit, and, of course, look the best version of themselves.
Yakult Probiotic Drink
Yakult promotes itself as a probiotic drink good for the immune and digestive system, thus for good gut health.
This is a known fact that good gut health or a healthy digestive system Is very necessary for overall well-being. Yakult is a fermented milk drink that contains their exclusive “lactobacillus casei strain Shirota” (LCS) probiotic.
Taking advantage of the current fitness frenzy scenario, brands and companies have started coming up with products that claim to provide essential nutrients and vitamins with fancy names and packaging that attracts fitness freaks aiming to get all the nutrients that the body requires in a day.
Are these products healthy as they promote themselves to be? Are the promises these brands make true, or is it just another marketing game to sell their products?
What is Yakult Made of?
Yakult is a probiotic yogurt drink that contains 50 calories and 11 grams of sugar per 80ml bottle. It is made from sugar, skim milk powder, water, glucose, natural flavors, and Lactobacillus casei Shirota.
Our intestines contain both good and bad bacteria, and as per Yakult, when you consume the drink, the probiotic present in the drink suppresses the bad bacteria and provides multiple benefits to the body, which are:
- Yakult can help get rid of constipation and help that body waste to leave your body smoothly.
- The high growth of Harmful bacteria in the gut can lead to poor immunity; consuming Yakult will keep that in check and help build immunity, thus reducing the risk of infections.
- It’s always said that a healthy digestive system means a happy you, and Yakult is good for the intestines! yayyyy!
- When you are stressed, you might have noticed your stomach growling, stomach pain, or some discomfort altogether; wondering the point of this here? Well, there is a direct link between the gut and the brain, so when you are stressed, it can also lead to conditions like diarrhea or bloating; having Yakult at this time can relieve stress by regulating the brain-gut link! So, the next time you are stressed, go grab a bottle of Yakult!
- Yakult can easily be a probiotic alternative for those who don’t like the taste of curd. Yakult is a flavored drink that tastes like any other sweet beverage but with a wide range of health benefits.
- A fascinating portion of Probiotics for the elderly, the old ones need extra care, and so do their immune systems. Yakult can be a perfect fit, providing an adequate quantity of probiotics, hence improving their immunity.
- A healthy gut means healthy skin. Also, according to research, intaking probiotics regularly helps clear the skin, and who doesn’t want clean and glowing skin? Yakult’s probiotic component can also help you achieve that dream-like skin!
Yakult also has numerous benefits for women
- Probiotics benefit vaginal health; consuming Yakult can decrease the risk of infections down there!
- It’s safe for pregnant women, and it also helps ease various symptoms women face during pregnancy, such as constipation and acidity.
But- Don’t just rely on Yakult for your overall immunity, a healthy lifestyle that includes a nutritious diet, good sleep, an exercise regime is all essential for developing a good immune system. A probiotic drink can be an added advantage for your Immune system but not a Replacement!
We have talked about the pros of Yakult, now talking about the cons-
The Plastic Packaging
The current plastic packaging of Yakult bottles is a big no-no. It can work better on their packaging and avoid plastic bottles, which are also considered harmful to human health as well as have adverse effects on the environment, also contributing to the increase in Global warming.
Although they have come up with a light version of this called ‘Yakult Light’, having comparatively very less sugar than the original product, people with diabetes and people trying to cut down on sugar should stay away from the product.
Not for Lactose Intolerant people
People who are intolerant to Lactose should not consume Yakult.
Is Yakult made of Cow Sperm?
Someone shared a screenshot of a Google Search snippet that claims Yakult is made from cow sperm. This is absolutely false, and in all of the ingredients of Yakult, cow sperm is not listed.
Other than this, Yakult’s a Fairly good product with an affordable price range, which retails for US$2.99 per pack for five bottles of 80ml each, and is easily available at your nearest Grocery Store.
You want to have curd, Kimchi, or Yakult for your daily dose of probiotics is up for you to decide!
In whichever form, make sure you consume your daily dose of that Healthy Probiotic!