There’s no denying that Chrissy Teigen is a hilarious gem of a human. While we’d love to share a few laughs with her over drinks on the beach, that most likely will never happen, so what’s the next best thing? Make one of her favorite drinks and sip on it while scrolling through her best tweets! The Cravings cookbook author recently shared her go-to summer drink — a vodka watermelon slushie — and just looking at it makes us feel like we’re in paradise. While the slushies do take a few hours to freeze (you want the lime juice and sugar to soak into the watermelon as much as possible), they only require four ingredients — lime juice, sugar, vodka, and watermelon.
Personally, I think the best part of Chrissy’s vodka watermelon slushie recipe is that the vodka isn’t mandatory. The cookbook author explains on her Cravings website that vodka can easily be substituted for your choice of liquor such as tequila or white wine.
Shortly after Chrissy shared the recipe, people immediately started posting their recreations of it on Instagram, and they look so good. One person even described the drink as “endless summer in a glass.” Keep scrolling to see them and the full recipe below, and get to blending and enjoy this refreshing summer treat for yourself!
If vodka isn’t your liquor of choice, swap out for tequila or white wine. Or if you don’t drink, simply leave out the booze altogether.
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime or lemon juice
1/4 cup sugar
4 cups cubed seedless watermelon
1 cup chilled (preferably frozen) vodka
Lemon or lime wheels and mint sprigs for garnish
- Combine the lime juice and sugar in a small bowl and stir until dissolved.
- Arrange watermelon in a 9×13 baking dish, then pour the sugar and lime juice mixture all over the watermelon. Freeze for at least four hours and up to 24 hours.
- Transfer the frozen watermelon and any frozen liquid to a blender. Add vodka and blend until slushy.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with lime wheels and mint sprigs. Sip and enjoy!
- 4 servings
- Prep Time
- 5 minutes
- Cook Time
- 4 hours 3 minutes
- Total Time
- 4 hours, 7 minutes, 59 seconds